A flooded home is a cause of concern. It has the potential to damage several properties in the house. A house can get flooded due to the pipes no matter how small the issue is and in some cases, it can be caused by bursting of pipe. Regular checking and inspecting of pipes is a good way to prevent this disaster from happening. Otherwise, you have to call your plumber for Basement Flood Clean-Up. This is because you will be able to spot any defect in your pipes at early stages. There are several ways by which a house can be flooded. Below are some of them.
Ways by which a Toilet Can Flood Your Home
The toilet can be an avenue by which your house can be flooded. It can happen in the following ways.
- Toilet clogs caused by foreign objects dropped into the toilet bowl. This can cause the toilet to overflow and flood the floor
- There can be a loose connection in the valve on the wall behind the toilet, and this can cause water to drop continuously onto the floor.
- There can be a crack in the tank, and this can make water drip onto the floor.
- Water can pool around the toilet when you flush. This is as a result of the wax seal breaking and causing a leak when you flush.
Ways a Water Heater Can Flood Your Home
- The water tank can leak as a result of corrosion
- A leak can develop as a result of the drain valve or relief valve
- The leak can come from the supply pipe leading to the water tank itself. This can lead to a water pool around the tank floor.
- Leaks can also come from the heating element gasket in the water heater.
Ways a Dishwasher Can Flood Your Home
- Putting too much soap in the dishwasher can cause the dishwasher to erupt and soapy water to flood the house
- A broken pump seal or faulty pump can cause a leak under the dishwasher
- Water can flow from the dishwasher when the dishwasher door gasket is not properly sealed.
- Leaks can come from cracks in the water hose and cause water to pool around the dishwasher.
- Water can leak to the floor from a crack in the spray arm. Water can pool on the kitchen floor from under the dishwasher.
Ways a Washing Machine Can Flood Your House
- Just like the dishwasher, too much detergent added to the washing machine can cause the soapy water to overflow on the floor around the washing machine
- Wear and tear associated with age can cause the seal around the drain pump to crack and leak water onto the floor
- Water supply hoses, especially rubber hoses behind the washing machine can spring a leak easily and flood the house.
- Leaks can also come from the hose that drains water away from the washing machine, especially during the spin cycle. The water, if not controlled, can cause serious damage to the house.
When to call an emergency plumber
It is of necessity to have a plumber's number on hand in case of an emergency. Whenever you notice water pooling around your major appliances like the washing machine or dishwasher, or even the water heater, you should call for an emergency plumber for Basement Flood Clean-Up. This is because the water must have pooled under the equipment long before they flow out and become visible on the floor.
When water collects under this equipment, they create an avenue for mould growth, and thus affects the quality of air inside the house and can cause serious life-threatening diseases and infections.
Notifying a plumber immediately you notice leakages from the pipes or a pool of water on the floor is one way to prevent damage to your property.
If you have water leaking from any of your water pipes in your house, contact emergency plumber london today for immediate response. We have an experienced and professional team to rectify any plumbing issues you have.