Plumbing can breakdown at any time of the day. It could be your bathroom or kitchen fixtures and fittings that suddenly malfunctions. Don't worry if you've got a plumbing emergency. We are here to assist you, after all, we are the Emergency Plumber London; ready to tackle emergency plumbing headaches any time of the day.
Now let's look at the 10 most common plumbing emergencies.
- Blocked Toilet - This is a common plumbing issue. If your toilet is blocked, making unusual noises, leaking or not flushing, then it is blocked! Don't ignore it to avoid sewage backup and potential health risks. You can try some DIY tips for unblocking the toilet.
- Leaky Toilet/Faucet - The continuous dripping of water can be greatly disturbing and can increase your water bill. A leaky toilet and faucet are prone to rust and mould growth.
- Blocked Sink -
Imagine the uneasiness you would feel when brushing your teeth and the sink water suddenly stops or begins to run very slowly. You may even be preparing that favourite dish when water flow stops completely. It's annoying, right? You need a plumber to fix the blocked sink.
- Blocked Shower Drains and Bathtubs - When your shower drain and bathtub is blocked, water can rise to your ankles while having your bath. Accumulated hair and soap chunks are the two most common causes for this blockage.
- Leaking Washing Machine Hose - The water hose of washing machines are often very weak. If your hose is cracked or bulging, don't neglect it to prevent rust and mould from setting in. Call your plumber immediately.
- Burst or Broken Pipe -
During winter, the freeze-thaw cycle can make your pipes burst; often requiring a full replacement. Don't waste any more time, call your plumber for burst pipe repair.
- Backup of Sewer - This is a more serious plumbing issue. When sewer backups, it can be nauseating, uncomfortable, and expensive to fix. Possible signs include gurgling toilets, water pooling around basement floor drains, foul smell from drains, and blocked drains. Do well to call a plumber!
- No Hot Water -
Bathing ice-cold water, especially on a cold day, is not something anyone would love. Your water heater can breakdown suddenly; could be an electrical or plumbing fault. It could also be the fault of your utility company. You need a plumber very quickly to fix your hot water problem.
- Broken Water Lines - Water-seeking tree roots can attack underground water pipes. This could cause them to break. Also, unsupervised digging can break pipes under the ground. The effect of this is a reduction in water pressure and quality.
- Leaking Water Heater -
Your hot water supply could be interrupted by a leak or other faults in your water heater. If the heater valve is bad, it can be replaced. But if the whole system is completely down, a new heater is needed. If neglected, you can end up wasting so much money on water heating. Call the plumber for water heater repair.
Are you experiencing any of these? If you do, don't be scared. At some point in time, the plumbing system will fail. But not to worry, we at the Emergency Plumber London got your back. Just dial, and we will be at your doorstep to put things right at any time of the day.
For more information on our services and to book an appointment, do reach us now!