Your dishwasher is a very important machine; it saves you a lot of time and energy. A good way to return the favour and take care of your machine is by cleaning it regularly.
Your dishwasher can’t clean itself, and it is necessary to clean it to safeguard our health. You may even book the services of dishwasher repair service provider in Camden for its proper care. Otherwise, it will contaminate your clean plates, thereby increasing the risks of food poisoning and other health complications, and it will also reduce the efficiency of the machine.
For the benefit of your health, to make your dishes extra-clean, and to make your machine last longer, you have to clean your dishwasher regularly.
Cleaning the dishwasher is very easy, and it shouldn’t take you more than 30 minutes. Also, you don’t need any special cleaning tools or equipment. Follow these cleaning tips below.
- Clean the exterior with water, soap, and a soft sponge. If it is made of stainless steel, use special cleaning products to prevent streaks. Use a good toothbrush to clean between control knobs, buttons, and other areas that are hard to reach.
- Remove the silverware holders and racks: wash them in a sink using soap and water the same way you would wash plates.
- Check for debris at the tube area located at the bottom. If you find debris, remove them using a paper towel.
- Use a stiff brush and soapy water to scrub the spray arms. Dip the brush in vinegar and use it to remove deposits of minerals on the spray arms and water outlets. Clean out small orifices using a toothpick.
- Some models come with a filter or food trap. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on how to clean the food trap. You might need to remove a cover or unscrew it —whatever you are doing, do it with care.
- Use hot soapy water to clean the rubber gasket on the door and its perimeter. Create a mild bleach solution using a tablespoon of bleach and half a gallon of warm water. Use this solution and a stiff brush to mildew or mould. Scrub the seal with this solution and rinse with clean water.
- Carefully replace the silverware holders and racks. Put a dishwasher-safe cup on top of the rack and fill it with white vinegar. Run your machine through a full hot cycle.
- When the steam and some of the heat has cleared, use a thick towel and dry inside the machine. Do it carefully so that you don’t burn yourself.
- Sprinkle baking soda all over the bottom of the dishwasher to form a thin layer.
- If you want your dishwasher to smell great, add a spoonful of unsweetened lemon juice to the soapy water.
If you have any other services you will want to carry out on your dishwasher, we are available 24 hours a day.
We as an emergency plumber in Camden also have a wide range of emergency services, and we are there to help you after a few minutes of your call. Contact us today, and we will be glad to help with that plumbing emergency.